Author: The Man
Well I had some frustrations with the App Store and a few niggles with Google Play but I can honestly say that Microsofts App Hub is the biggest turd I have ever seen.
1. Download reports are 10 days behind…. holy crap why !?!?! my client cannot see if they need to up or lower their marketing budget based on figures 10 days old, or blindly for the first 10 days.
2. Crash reports take 6 days to come through, ok so release an app that is crap and let people download for 6 days without you knowing….. my god your a computer company how difficult would it be to provide this info in real time.
3. My app is still not searchable from the Marketplace some 10 days later, only direct links work……compare that to Google who had the app up in an hour and searchable, Apple in the same period.
4. Nothing on the App Hub site makes sense, links that you think should take you to your crash reports take you to details of your app.
6. Why would you have crash reports in Excel format and not csv – I don’t have Excel so how am I supposed to open them.
I have to question why would I bother recommending to clients WP7 or WP8 when for the same amount of time they can hit 100 times more people and with better support for the money we pay them.
Comments are closed.